[arch-general] failed to start verify of integrity of password and group files - Was: (no subject)

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 20:07:40 UTC 2015

Hi.

I actuallly did see that, but that seems to talk about the shadow.service
"failing" to start or run properly.

the terminal message I was getting said:

   shadow.service - Verify integrity of password and group files
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/shadow.service; static; vendor
preset: disabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

So it was like, "what do that mean"? And since it mentioned checking the
password file, I figured I'd best check into it.

I don't know what the shadow.service is, and am new to systemd.