[arch-general] FS mount for google drive

Bennett Piater bennett at piater.name
Mon Jun 15 14:45:40 UTC 2015

On 06/14/2015 01:46 AM, Javier Vasquez wrote:

> I was looking for a way to mount google drive as a FS, and found [1] and [2].

[...]

> If someone is using whether fuse-google-drive or gdrivefs, please
> share any drawbacks, pitfalls, how to make it work in teh case of
> fuse-google-drive, and some other stuff you might want to share.
>
> I'm looking for light non gui dependent options, :-)

Hi,
Does it have to be mounted as a FS?

I do not have any experience with any of these, but am using this
cli-client [0] which works very well and is actively (though
unofficially) supported by a Google insider. It is also available in the
(AUR)[1].

It does not do background syncs as it's creator prefers a vcs-like push
& pull workflow.
It's definitely light and allows you to download only exactly what you
need without waiting for the rest to finish.

Cheers,
Bennett

[0]: https://github.com/odeke-em/drive#why-another-google-drive-client
[1]: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/drive/

--
GPG fingerprint: 871F 1047 7DB3 DDED 5FC4 47B2 26C7 E577 EF96 7808