[arch-general] PKGBUILD inheritance

Maarten de Vries maarten at de-vri.es
Fri May 1 12:53:12 UTC 2015

​

On 1 May 2015 at 14:13, Roman Rader <antigluk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well yes, basically what I want to do is to download the PKGBUILD in the
> prepare function and do makepkg inside my build function. I can then unpack
> content of resulting package and put it to destination directory to pack it
> again, but it's hacky and doesn't look nice. I'm looking for the proper way
> to do it.

​Indeed, that doesn't sound very nice. But running makepkg on the original
package seems wasteful anyway​ if you're going to compile again in the
build stage. It would seem more logical to use the same sources array plus
a patch or script to modify some files and apply those in the prepare()
function.

I'm not certain what exactly you're trying to do though. If you only want
to modify an upstream PKGBUILD it might be easier to just write a script to
do what you do manually now.

Regards,
Maarten