[arch-general] Kernel Module snd_seq_midi No Longer Inserted Automatically

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat May 2 11:52:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

the problem described by
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-April/038789.html
still appears with 4.0.1-1-ARCH.

I'm using Rt kernels, so I don't care about this kernel. I just want
to inform that it still isn't fixed and at least it's an issue for the
OP of the thread and it was for one engineer subscribed to Linux audio
users.

After booting the kernel run aconnect or qjackctl.
No MIDI devices are available.

$ aconnect -i
client 0: 'System' [type=kernel]
0 'Timer '
1 'Announce '
client 14: 'Midi Through' [type=kernel]
0 'Midi Through Port-0'

$ amidi -l
Dir Device Name
IO hw:0,0 HDSPMx579bcc MIDI 1
IO hw:1,0 TerraTec EWX24/96 MIDI
IO hw:2,0 TerraTec EWX24/96 MIDI

$ sudo modprobe snd_seq_midi

$ aconnect -i
client 0: 'System' [type=kernel]
0 'Timer '
1 'Announce '
client 14: 'Midi Through' [type=kernel]
0 'Midi Through Port-0'
client 16: 'RME AIO_579bcc' [type=kernel]
0 'HDSPMx579bcc MIDI 1'
client 20: 'TerraTec EWX24/96' [type=kernel]
0 'TerraTec EWX24/96 MIDI'
client 24: 'TerraTec EWX24/96' [type=kernel]
0 'TerraTec EWX24/96 MIDI'

FS#44812 - [Linux] MIDI devices don't show up with kernel 4.0.1-1-ARCH
Attached to Project: Arch Linux
Opened by Ralf Mardorf (Ralf) - Saturday, 02 May 2015, 11:44 GMT

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/44812

Users of this kernel should consider to add comments and if needed to
provide additional information, since I can't help much, because I'm
usually running Rt kernels the whole day and I'm not willing to stop my
work to reboot.

Regards,
Ralf