[arch-general] Conky autostart problem

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Sat May 2 16:35:03 UTC 2015

Thanks, Ralf!

The conky.desktop file you listed above, from the XFCE section of
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Conky does indeed autostart conky
under Gnome 3.

I had no idea a that a config file for XFCE could be used with Gnome.

I also found this skeleton ".desktop" file online (from a 2011 posting),
that also works:

    [Desktop Entry]

    Type=Application

    Exec=/usr/bin/conky

    Hidden=false

    X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true

    Name[en_US]=conky

    Name=conky

    Comment[en_US]=conky

    Comment=conky

I don't seem to need the lines from:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Conky#Integrate_with_Gnome_3, although
I did need to add "double_buffer yes" to the ~/.conkrc file.

Thanks again.