[arch-general] Why irrelevant updates?

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Wed May 13 02:21:35 UTC 2015

Okay guys, thanks for the info.

I didn't know about and hadn't thought about all the packages in the base
group being mandatory (or at least "expected" by other packages).

And yes, I find installed automatically, packages for:
-ext
-jfs
-reiser
-xfs
and who knows what else . . .

Even though I also am only using ext4 (and a swap partition).