[arch-general] Additional mouse (Lenovo N700) gesture binding

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Fri May 15 15:12:20 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Christian Demsar
<vixsomnis at fastmail.com> wrote:

>>Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? Could this all just
>>be a limitation of trying to use xkb with a bluetooth mouse?
>
> I can't help you, but I am very interested in this problem. I have an old gaming mouse with additional buttons I'd like to bind.
>
> Perhaps there is a way to do this without the keyboard? There must be a way to define a new button for a mouse. Or perhaps there's a way to do this without X.

Yes there is, but for that to happen the signal received must be a
button signal. Your old gaming mouse should work just fine if you
follow instructions in [1].

The N700 is a bit of an odd case because the signals its sending out
are odd (see my original email). I doubt your gaming mouse does that.

[1] - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/All_Mouse_Buttons_Working