[arch-general] Additional mouse (Lenovo N700) gesture binding

Christian Demsar vixsomnis at fastmail.com
Sun May 17 20:12:30 UTC 2015

On May 15, 2015 11:12:20 AM EDT, Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Christian Demsar
><vixsomnis at fastmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? Could this all just
>>>be a limitation of trying to use xkb with a bluetooth mouse?
>>
>> I can't help you, but I am very interested in this problem. I have an
>old gaming mouse with additional buttons I'd like to bind.
>>
>> Perhaps there is a way to do this without the keyboard? There must be
>a way to define a new button for a mouse. Or perhaps there's a way to
>do this without X.
>
>Yes there is, but for that to happen the signal received must be a
>button signal. Your old gaming mouse should work just fine if you
>follow instructions in [1].
>
>The N700 is a bit of an odd case because the signals its sending out
>are odd (see my original email). I doubt your gaming mouse does that.
>
>[1] - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/All_Mouse_Buttons_Working

Yes, my mouse doesn't actually have that problem, although I thought it did.

However, I do have a special key on my laptop that would normally activate a proprietary menu on the factory Windows install. `scankeys` reports it as a series of codes instead of a single code, so I can't reassign it in GNOME.