[arch-general] suckless-terminal (st) in community - is there an issue with st-255color terminfo and tmux?

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Thu Nov 26 08:13:06 UTC 2015

Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk at gmail.com> on Thu, 2015/11/26 11:37:
> I'm really glad st is now in community, though I find it slightly odd
> its orphaned even though it's just been moved.

Probably Sergej forgot to adopt... Nothing to worry about.

> Anyway, on the upgrade my terminal would not start, and I tracked that
> down to the default config.h setting termname to 'st-256color'
>
> Changing that to 'stterm-256color' means it doesn't crash on startup
> anymore. It's because I start tmux automatically in terminal.
>
> The problem with 'st' is that the name is nigh-on un-google-able...
> anyone else knows about this issue or has hit it before?

Is your system up-to-date? You need recent ncurses.

% pacman -Q ncurses
ncurses 6.0-3
% pacman -Ql ncurses | grep st-256color
ncurses /usr/share/terminfo/s/st-256color

--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)