[arch-general] crda (more OT)

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 07:09:05 UTC 2015

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 3:51 AM, Peter Nikolic <pg.nikolic1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying to be offensive are we ...cus you are getting close i tell you.
>
> Yes it is connected it is a laptop it works very well thank you yes it
> could do with updating BUT it just works , and i have ZERO intention
> of putting a fully working machine at risk right now by updating it
> maybe  if you have a spare 300gb 2.5 inch drive you dont need you
> could donate it could be used to rebuild the system but till i got
> funds to waste forget it .
>
> Get the message  Mr offensive ..
>

> Pete .

A working machine is not the same as a secure machine, so unless you do not
care at all if that machine is compromised then yes you should be updating
it. ;)
And you have used that machine *at least* for your email account -- which I
assume is something you care about.

Why do you need donations for a 300GB HDD? You can rebuild a system using a
700 MB CD-ROM (but a flashdrive is preferable for speed, of course).
The Arch installer is not 300 GB.

Any data that needs migration can be moved to a staging folder. It doesn't
need its own hard drive.

-- Eli Schwartz