[arch-general] Mkvtoolnix-gui/cli

Vladimir Nikšić vniksic at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 08:08:36 UTC 2015

Hi.

After the latest "pacman -Syu" I'm having a weird issue, I've upgraded the
mkvtoolnix package, and I seem to have lost the "mmg" program. This was a
gui for mkvmerge basically but with a nice featureset and I was using it
heavily for editing home videos I'm making with my smartphone and other
stuff.

Looking over the official site, mmg seems to be active still, while it's
totally missing from the arch packages. I've tried downgrading the package
from the cached packages, but I'm getting weird runtime errors, probably
depending on a different library:
Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1008,wx
containers,compatible with 2.8),
and your program used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,wx
containers,compatible with 2.8).
And when merging files, I'm getting errors about timestamp mismatches among
the mkv files, although I've not changed the way I'm encoding the videos,
this might be related. I'm hoping it was simply missed from packaging. I'll
compile the program myself if needed, but maybe it's an oversight. Any info
is welcome. Thanks! :)