[arch-general] jpurnalctl --setup-keys error

Dennis Anderson walkingrobot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 03:03:13 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

When I run the setup keys command I get this:

#journalctl --setup-keys
Generating seed...
Generating key pair...
Generating sealing key...
Failed to set file attributes: Operation not supported

The new key pair has been generated. The secret sealing key has been
written to
the following local file. This key file is automatically updated when the
sealing key is advanced. It should not be used on multiple hosts.

     /var/log/journal/9999999999999999999999/fss

Please write down the following secret verification key. It should be stored
at a safe location and should not be saved locally on disk.

     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The sealing key is automatically changed every 15min.

The keys have been generated for host xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I changed the secret stuff. Paranoid?

It seems like it worked AFAIK.

Any advice or comments welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis