[arch-general] i3 and .zprofile

Stefan Tatschner rumpelsepp at sevenbyte.org
Tue Oct 27 09:45:29 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have recently switched from gnome to i3. I really like it, but there
are still a few annoying problems left… Currently I use gdm to login;
my login shell is set to zsh in /etc/passwd. I have several dotfiles,
like ".zshrc" and ".zprofile" in $HOME.

The problem is, that i3 does not seem to spawn a login shell correctly
(is this even possible?). In gnome3 my settings in .zprofile are
applied globally and just fine. In i3 the entire .zprofile is missed.
Since .zprofile is sourced by interactive login shells, I guess that
there might be a problem. Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Stefan