[arch-general] [Solved] Re: PKGBUILD ERROR

mudongliang mudongliangabcd at outlook.com
Fri Sep 11 12:55:10 UTC 2015

On 09/11/2015 05:05 PM, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 4:14 AM, mudongliang <mudongliangabcd at outlook.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Read the relevant docs and ensure you understanging what the process you
>>> are trying to follow is doing.
>>>
>> I think that installing package always needs root privilege by default.
>> So I don't know why this error happens! I remove "sudo" in my command. It
>> is successful now.
>>     - mudongliang
>>

> yaourt homepage, with examples: https://archlinux.fr/yaourt-en
>
> One of the reasons for yaourt (aside for transparently handling AUR) is
> that you don't need to use sudo -- yaourt knows when to use sudo, and wraps
> that too.

Yes , this wrapper is very good and "clever". When I remove the sudo and
install softwares, I see in the last steps , it requests me to input my
password.
> And yaourt doesn't *just* install packages...
> Which was your problem. yaourt was acting as a wrapper around downloading
> the AUR PKGBUILD and running makepkg. Which was why you decided to use it.
> ;)
>

> It is advisable to get familiar with the process of building and installing
> AUR packages by hand, and only when you are sure of what you are doing,
> then use a convenience wrapper.

It is essential to understand the internal theory and operate it by
hands. Then I will have a deep understanding!

Besides, I first use pacman , but there are some softwares in aur which
needs yaourt. So I install and use it as the wiki tells me.
	- mudongliang