[arch-general] [Solved] Re: PKGBUILD ERROR

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 18:37:20 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com>
wrote:

> >FWIW I'm using yaourt and usually it doesn't fail. There's just one
> >issue I encounter from time to time, but that also happens when using
> >makepkg. By default I set up makepkg to build in tmpfs and it
> >sometimes is too small. One time building a kernel failed, but usually
> >building default Arch kernels works with around 2 GiB tmpfs. If I build
> >a bloated web browser, such as e.g. firefox, the around 2 GiB tmpfs
> >don't provide the needed space. IMO building in tmpfs isn't really
> >faster, but I like it, because I don't need to tidy up tmpfs ;). Btw.
> >makepkg is set up to save the packages not in the tmpfs, but in a cache
> >to archive packages.
>
> My apologies. Just for fun I read the "Clean build" entry.
>
> That's correct! The setting to build in tmpfs is for yaourt, I just
> tend to run makepkg in tmpfs too. However, indeed, if it fails I build
> outside tmpfs using makepkg.

I don't see your first email...

Anyway, if I were you I'd do something like:

TMPDIR=/var/aur-build/ yaourt -S some-package
Package will be built in: /var/aur-build/yaourt-tmp-$USER/
instead of in: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-$USER/

yaourt helpfully includes useful environment variables for exactly this
purpose. :)

-- Eli Schwartz