[arch-general] [Solved] Re: PKGBUILD ERROR

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Sep 12 09:26:15 UTC 2015

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 14:37:20 -0400, Eli Schwartz wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Ralf Mardorf
><ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>
>> >FWIW I'm using yaourt and usually it doesn't fail. There's just one
>> >issue I encounter from time to time, but that also happens when
>> >using makepkg. By default I set up makepkg to build in tmpfs and it
>> >sometimes is too small. One time building a kernel failed, but
>> >usually building default Arch kernels works with around 2 GiB
>> >tmpfs. If I build a bloated web browser, such as e.g. firefox, the
>> >around 2 GiB tmpfs don't provide the needed space. IMO building in
>> >tmpfs isn't really faster, but I like it, because I don't need to
>> >tidy up tmpfs ;). Btw. makepkg is set up to save the packages not
>> >in the tmpfs, but in a cache to archive packages.
>>
>> My apologies. Just for fun I read the "Clean build" entry.
>>
>> That's correct! The setting to build in tmpfs is for yaourt, I just
>> tend to run makepkg in tmpfs too. However, indeed, if it fails I
>> build outside tmpfs using makepkg.
>>

>I don't see your first email...

I noticed it to, it's not in the archive, but since I quoted the mail,
I guess there's no need to resent it. By accident I send the mail using
the wrong account.

>Anyway, if I were you I'd do something like:
>
>TMPDIR=/var/aur-build/ yaourt -S some-package
>Package will be built in: /var/aur-build/yaourt-tmp-$USER/
>instead of in: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-$USER/
>
>yaourt helpfully includes useful environment variables for exactly this
>purpose. :)

Thank you, that's a good idea. There are likely several features
provided by yaourt I should use. Until now I used the abs command and
copied from the abs directory to a build location and then used makepkg.
Now I noticed that yaourt provides the -G option.

Regards,
Ralf