[arch-general] GTK2 GUIs became a PITA after upgrade

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Apr 10 22:27:50 UTC 2016

Hi,

after the last upgrade GTK2 apps running in an openbox session need more
space, they became darker and in some windows even the fonts became
less good readable. The reason that I dropped desktop environments was
to get rid of chaotic designs and to keep a clear design and now even
GTK2 apps in an openbox session became a parody.

I'll downgrade one package after the other, but perhaps somebody
could give me a hint what package/s might have caused the new
unfavourable look.

One problem is shown here, a dilettante repeated unnecessarily design,
e.g. a bar that already separates regions inside a window, became a bar
with a cutting line inside the bar:

http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20160410/7fdca7e7/attachment-0001.png

The list of packages that were upgraded is posted here:

http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2016-April/016236.html

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep -v '#' .gtkrc-2.0

gtk-theme-name = "Adwaita"
style "user-font"
{
	font_name="FreeSans 12"