[arch-general] Thinkpad 770 - Init exists but couldn't execute it (error -26)

Serge Hooge cuznez at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:41:09 UTC 2016

> * reboot with the CD
> * adjust /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
> The HOOK line looks at me like the following:
> HOOKS="base udev modconf block filesystems keyboard fsck resume"
> Try to remove 'autodetect'; it may strip modules that are needed by
> accident; 'resume' is necessary for s2disk.
> * re-create your initrd
> mkinitcpio -k YOURKERNELVER -g /boot/initramfs-linux.img
> KERNELVER can be found out by
> ls /lib/modules
The problem is that I can't access Arch period. I get the CD splash
screen, I hit enter to boot, cue the subject title.

I am not sure why error -26 either, can something else access the init
files before they get launched?

--
Serge Hooge

()  ascii ribbon campaign - against HTML e-mail
/\                        - against proprietary attachments