[arch-general] Thinkpad 770 - Init exists but couldn't execute it (error -26)

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 21:17:14 UTC 2016

Op 10 apr. 2016 21:32 schreef "Serge Hooge" <cuznez at gmail.com>:

> I apologize for crossposting from the forum, but I am not getting any
> replies there so far.
>
> I recently became an owner of a Thinkpad 770, which rather ancient by
> modern standards and decided to give it a spark of fresh life by
> installing Arch on it.
>
> The CD boots okay, but when I try to actually boot x86 Arch, it Kernel
> Panics with the subject title. It tries /bin/init, /sbin/init
> and /bin/sh, failing with the same message for all of them.

Probably a stupid question, but have you checked the integrity of the disc?
If you still have it (or can find it), try the md5sum/sha-1sum of the iso,
or, failing that, try mounting the cd and then copying files off it.
If there are errors and/or unreadable files, any OS will complain loudly
(though Windows will mostly complain in it's journal^weventlog).

Just a thought.

Mvg, Guus Snijders