[arch-general] GTK2 GUIs became a PITA after upgrade

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 17:08:40 UTC 2016

On 12-04-2016 16:50, Kyle Terrien wrote:

> The best thing to do at this point is design a GTK3 theme that sucks
> less (and maintain it when GNOME makes the arbitrary changes to the GTK3
> theming API again).  Clearlooks-Phenix is good.  Perhaps a
> Bluecurve-Phenix would be fun too.

I was using clearlooks-phenix but with gtk 3.20 it is quite broken and
it hasn't been updated in quite some time. I have no idea if the dev
will code a new version for gtk 3.20+.

For now I'm using TraditionalOK from mate-themes, it is quite similar to
clearlooks-phenix and most gtk 3.20 bugs should be ironed out.

--
Mauro Santos