[arch-general] Thinkpad 770 - Init exists but couldn't execute it (error -26)

Serge Hooge cuznez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 02:22:38 UTC 2016

Just an update, I got the RAM changed with the brand new sticks, but
the problem persisted.

Seems to be an issue with systemd-based distros, because I managed to
get Devuan, FreeBSD and Slackware booted, while modern Debian crashed on
me with the same result as Arch.

Not sure if downloading a new ISO for Arch would help at all by this
point, will probably end up using Devuan or FreeBSD on this machine.

Not sure if I should bugreport this either.

Thanks for all the help regardless!

--
Serge Hooge

()  ascii ribbon campaign - against HTML e-mail
/\                        - against proprietary attachments