[arch-general] Xorg video driver for de sis 771/671

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 21:56:11 UTC 2016

On 17-04-2016 22:17, Sebastián Pedersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> lspci | grep -i vga
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
> 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter (rev 10)
>
> but I couldn't an xorg driver that's support my video card.
>
> I try this
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SiS
> but with no luck.
>
> Anyone else using this video card?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

The most I could find was this [1-2]. You may have to build the driver
from git but it might not work given that the last commit was from last
year.

I seem to recall reading something about some drivers not being
supported or not supporting something since a few xorg releases, but I
can't remember (or find) where I read that.

[1] http://www.x.org/wiki/sis/
[2] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-sis/

--
Mauro Santos