[arch-general] Xorg video driver for de sis 771/671

Sebastián Pedersen sebasped at openmailbox.org
Sun Apr 17 23:30:31 UTC 2016

On 17-04-2016 06:56 PM, Mauro Santos wrote:
> On 17-04-2016 22:17, Sebastián Pedersen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> lspci | grep -i vga
>> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
>> 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter (rev 10)
>>
>> but I couldn't an xorg driver that's support my video card.
>>
>> I try this
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SiS
>> but with no luck.
>>
>> Anyone else using this video card?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance.
>>

> The most I could find was this [1-2]. You may have to build the driver
> from git but it might not work given that the last commit was from last
> year.
>
> I seem to recall reading something about some drivers not being
> supported or not supporting something since a few xorg releases, but I
> can't remember (or find) where I read that.
>

> [1] http://www.x.org/wiki/sis/
> [2] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-sis/

Many thanks. Maybe I'll give it a try, although I'm not very much
inclined to the build driver solution.

Just in case you know, I was using the vesa driver but start not working
properly (some issue with the rendenring) so I'm right now using the
fbdev driver, but with the switch (from vesa to fbdev) the DPMS stops
working, any ideas?

Sebas