[arch-general] Xorg video driver for de sis 771/671

Sebastián Pedersen sebasped at openmailbox.org
Mon Apr 18 00:40:55 UTC 2016

On 17-04-2016 08:52 PM, Mauro Santos wrote:
> On 18-04-2016 00:30, Sebastián Pedersen wrote:
>> Many thanks. Maybe I'll give it a try, although I'm not very much
>> inclined to the build driver solution.
>>
>> Just in case you know, I was using the vesa driver but start not
>> working
>> properly (some issue with the rendenring) so I'm right now using the
>> fbdev driver, but with the switch (from vesa to fbdev) the DPMS stops
>> working, any ideas?
>
> Have you checked with xset if dpms is enabled or if you can enable it
> if
> it is not enabled?
>
> Other than that I have no more ideas. It is the weekend now so give it
> couple of days and maybe someone else will chime in with more ideas.
>
> Given that your your graphics card is not very popular now I'd say the
> best you can get is ideas to test and general guidance.

Yes xset q gives

[...]
DPMS (Energy Star):
   Standby: 600    Suspend: 600    Off: 600
   DPMS is Enabled
   Monitor is On

I found out that if I disable the console framebuffer from the parameter
of grub.cfg

# Uncomment to allow the kernel use the same resolution used by grub
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep

then the DPMS in xorg start working (but is very annoying because I use
the console and with something like 80x25 it's become very nasty).

Sebas