[arch-general] Gedit startup issues

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Apr 21 22:22:45 UTC 2016

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 00:08:36 +0200, L. Rose wrote:
>I've never noticed such issues when launching gedit from the GUI.
>Furthermore, I didn't see any error messages in dmesg or in
>/var/log/Xorg.0.log. When the problem appears, it often persists until
>the next reboot.

Those are unrelated log files. Take a look at ~/.xsession-errors*.

Gedit seems not to use /run/user/*/dconf/user, if it would, it could be
the source of issues, at least after running gedit with root privileges.

Did you test pluma? Unfortunately pluma does use
/run/user/*/dconf/user, but OTOH it's based on GTK2 and closer to
the old gedit, than gedit is nowadays.