[arch-general] Opinions on PowerShell?

Kyle Terrien kyleterrien at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 00:35:53 UTC 2016

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 19:30:27 -0400
Hunter Connelly via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> https://github.com/powershell/powershell
>
> I was wondering what you guys thought about it.
> Specifically, if any of you will be using it, if you think it should
> be in the main repos, what this might mean for the future, etc.

I haven't used PowerShell much.  But in briefly looking at it, the
commands are very verbose compared to Unix/Linux.  E.g. grep is
something like Get-Item.

My Windows survival kit currently consists of Cygwin, which still kicks
butt to this day.  You could even run a full X server under Cygwin.

--Kyle

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story.  It can give you the
exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.