[arch-general] Opinions on PowerShell?

Lee Burton lburton at mrow.org
Fri Aug 19 05:29:49 UTC 2016

It's always been my opinion that PowerShell (powerscript?) has been poorly
named -- it's a lackluster /shell/ although things like
psreadline,powershell_ise,etc make it less awful as a shell on windows but
it's great as interpreted (ish -- see DLR/JIT) .NET -- you can compile C#
inside of it or call any .NET library you have laying around. It is a
scripted programming language .. comparing soley to zsh/bash is a bit like
comparing zsh/bash to python/irb with some shortcuts/syntax sugar to make
it more "shell"-like.
Lee