[arch-general] Opinions on PowerShell?

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 15:51:12 UTC 2016

hi

I took a brief look at powershell today when I found out it had been
open sourced. I looked at some of the c# source code files and they all
read that they're licensed under the apache license, version 2.0. I
haven't read that thing, it's probably full of legalese I wouldn't
understand, but I bet it's probably lax on the patent front or microsoft
wouldn't have chosen it. So we could, theoretically, get into trouble
packaging it for arch, although I don't think it's likely. Of course I
am not a lawyer or a programmer, this is just my two scents.

Thanks

Kendell Clark