[arch-general] Opinions on PowerShell?

Simon Wydooghe wydooghe.simon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 16:33:10 UTC 2016

I'm gonna go with Guus on this one. Compared to batch, it's a blessing.
Looking at this from a pure practical standpoint, I would very much enjoy
being able to administer the odd Windows server from my Arch box. I'll
still hate every minute of it, but how nice would it be not to have to use
a Windows VM to do it? Not having to go through AUR to install PowerShell
would be even more helpful.

I don't see PowerShell getting any actual traction as a replacement for our
current shell options. But the addition of it to the Arch repos would make
my Arch box an even more powerful workhorse.