[arch-general] Opinions on PowerShell?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Aug 19 21:33:24 UTC 2016

www.my-favoured-search-engine.com

Search term:

  linux shell how to do this and that

If you don't know how to find the size and name of the three largest
files in a directory, but only of those files that have a size value
that is a prime number in MiB and a file name that does contain the
letters "a" and "f", but does not include the numbers "3" and "6", you
more likely will find hints how to do this by common used Linux and BSD
tools, than hints how to do this with a Microsoft shell.

This is not an argument pro or con PowerShell. I don't care
if it is in a repo or not. I just wonder about arguing pro PowerShell
by providing examples that are solvable by either already having the
Linux knowledge or by using a search engine with the keyword Linux, to
get Linux knowledge.