[arch-general] Laptop cooling fan does not work

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Tue Aug 23 17:38:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

this should provide the Linux stuff versions:

core/libutil-linux 2.28.1-1 [Installiert]
core/linux 4.7.1-1 (base) [Installiert]
core/linux-api-headers 4.7-1 [Installiert]
core/linux-firmware 20160730.6bc2c60-1 [Installiert]
core/util-linux 2.28.1-1 (base base-devel) [Installiert]

However, the problem is probably related to the video card (as
overheating appears when some OpenGL game is running):

extra/nvidia 370.23-1 [Installiert]
extra/nvidia-utils 370.23-1 [Installiert]
extra/opencl-nvidia 370.23-1 [Installiert]
community/nvidia-cg-toolkit 3.1-4 [Installiert]

Laptop is from Tuxedo (can I get the modell number somehow from my linux
system, instead of looking into the invoice?):

Tuxedo Book XC1704 with Geforce GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5

Kind regards
Peter