[arch-general] GRUB doesn't boot Windows behind Secure Boot

Giovanni Santini itachi.sama.amaterasu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 16:25:02 UTC 2016

Il 29/11/2016 10:49, David Phillips ha scritto:

> I'm not familiar with GRUB anymore, but it sounds like perhaps the file
> bootmgfw.efi has not been signed with a key that is trusted by your board's
> SecureBoot feature. Hence, booting with SB enabled causes a load failure
> while booting without SB fixes the problem.

Hello there,
as said previously, I would have posted here after having back a proper
setup. I had to fight over a week to set up the EFI partition and
Windows Boot Manager properly, but I made it somehow.

So, that's what I did:
- I've resetted the UEFI firmware, so that everything was clean
- I've installed GRUB again and I setted up Preloader and HashTool as
stated at [1]
- With HashTool, I've enrolled the Grub EFI binary and also the proper
Windows EFI binaries.

I still face the same error; additionally, also chainloading HashTool
from GRUB gives me errors (with Secure Boot, from here SB, on, tried
only with SB on as it is useless with SB off).

As before, turning off SB allows GRUB to chainload Windows flawlessly.
Still, I would like to keep SB on.

I'm adding also my grub.cfg file at [2].

Hope to have some feedback soon!
Regards

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Secure_Boot#Set_up_PreLoader
[2] http://paste.ubuntu.com/23594049/