[arch-general] Fwd: Re: GRUB doesn't boot Windows behind Secure Boot

Giovanni Santini itachi.sama.amaterasu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 16:45:17 UTC 2016

Il 07/12/2016 17:25, Giovanni Santini ha scritto:
> Il 29/11/2016 10:49, David Phillips ha scritto:
>>
>> I'm not familiar with GRUB anymore, but it sounds like perhaps the file
>> bootmgfw.efi has not been signed with a key that is trusted by your board's
>> SecureBoot feature. Hence, booting with SB enabled causes a load failure
>> while booting without SB fixes the problem.

Good afternoon,
as here I had no major suggestion about what to do, I decided to ask
help in the official mailing list as you can see in [1].
After some tests, we found a small bug in grub that prevented the
chainload of EFI executables.
This fixes my problem. However, it is not present in the official
package yet; I suppose that opening a bug report online should be enough.

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-grub/2016-12/msg00001.html
[2]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/commit/?id=ce95549cc54b5d6f494608a7c390dba3aab4fba7
--