[arch-general] STM32 compilation on ArchLinuxARM

Foxtrot Mike fulcrummike at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 27 05:40:58 UTC 2016

TL;DR;
I need a way to install arm-none-eabi-gcc on Raspberry Pi (Arch Linux
ARM) using pacman or from source.

Hi guys,

First of all, I know that this mailing list entertains questions and
information related to Arch Linux, not Arch Linux ARM. Since I have
received valuable suggestions on this list before, I am going to ask  my
question here in the hope that someone would be able and willing to
help. I couldn't find the required info on the internet.

I am running Arch on my main desktop. I installed arm-none-eabi-gcc
package using pacman so I can compile code for my STM32F103 board.

I switched from Raspbian to ArchLinuxARM on Raspberry pi yesterday*. I
have found most of the my daily usage packages in ARchLinuxARM repo, but
can't find arm-none-eabi-gcc package. There's a post on ArchLinuxARM
forums [1] requesting the same info, but the post didn't get any reply.

Every google search tells ways to develop for Raspberry Pi on x86
computers using arm-none-eabi-gcc. I couldn't find any meaningful info
about developing for ARM Cortex-Mx on Raspberry pi.

Any suggestions would be apreciated.

Regards,
Fulcrum

[1] https://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10060

* Hoping to use Raspberry pi as my daily computer so I could run Windows
on my main desktop for gaming