[arch-general] Ardour 5 - Was: What's with Ray Rashif?

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Tue Dec 27 00:30:15 UTC 2016

Hey all,

On 2016-12-21 17:41:24 (+0100), Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> at the moment I'm testing a new audio interface. Ardour5 (not
> from the testing repo) crashed on my machine, so I'm using Qtractor for
> the test. Perhaps Ardour 5.5 not only crashes on my machine.

So far I'm not experiencing these issues (haven't tried with my external
FW800 card yet though (will do that tomorrow).
I tried 5.4 and also built 5.5 using the PKGBUILD from testing with
slight modification.

@Ray: There is one thing that definitely needs fixing: The .desktop file
still points to ardour4!

Best,