[arch-general] Alternative init system proposal

Leonid Isaev leonid.isaev at jila.colorado.edu
Mon Feb 8 05:36:23 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 06:02:34AM +0100, Ivan wrote:
> Hypothetically, if Arch Linux was to adopt an alternative init, it's a
> process that does not happen overnight. Through time, solutions will
> surface. I'm not a magic lamp genie that has all the answers.

Then you have to ask yourself, what defines a distribution. If you are going to
bring in ck, patch polkit, gnome, kde, xfce, etc, and introduce customizations
to lots of other packages, isn't it easier to start from gentoo or alpine and
maintain pacman for those distros? I am asking because you are going to
duplicate a fair share of official repos...

Cheers,
--
Leonid Isaev
GPG fingerprints: DA92 034D B4A8 EC51 7EA6  20DF 9291 EE8A 043C B8C4