[arch-general] Alternative init system proposal

João Miguel jmcf125 at openmailbox.org
Sat Feb 13 18:30:49 UTC 2016

> If you want to make OpenRC easier to use on Arch, here's how:
> 1. Get more involved in the AUR to develop more/better OpenRC-specific
> packages
There are 4 mirrors for an unnoficial user repository with packages that
are officially used in Manjaro.
Done. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:JMCF125/OpenRC
> 3. Work on 1 and 2 until you feel like you have a clearly superior method
The method already existed, I just wanted to make it visible.
> 4. Open a discussion on the OpenRC talk page about replacing the article
> (this will most likely involved discussion on your User page as well on how
> to improve your draft)
> 5. Success
Or in this case, failure:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=Talk:OpenRC&oldid=420556