[arch-general] Alternative init system proposal

Maxwell Anselm silverhammermba at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 23:41:37 UTC 2016

> There are 4 mirrors for an unnoficial user repository with packages that
> are officially used in Manjaro.
> > 3. Work on 1 and 2 until you feel like you have a clearly superior
method
> The method already existed, I just wanted to make it visible.

I think you misunderstood. I was not suggesting that you simply re-add the
information to the wiki with different wording.

artoo's method was already rejected from the wiki for several reasons as
pointed out on the talk page. If you find the current method on the wiki
lacking, then you will need to come up with some new method that both
improves on the wiki's method and avoids the pitfalls of artoo's.

Again, this is not about lack of choice. This is about a particular choice
being deemed unfit for the wiki. Any method that *relies* on an unofficial
repository (i.e. has no AUR alternative) is certainly not appropriate.

Max