[arch-general] Alternative init system proposal

Maxwell Anselm silverhammermba at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 20:22:07 UTC 2016

> Though I don't see how a repository officially trusted by
> Manjaro is less trusted than the AUR.

They are completely different. An unofficial repository of non-AUR packages
is for installing binary packages that have no affiliation with Arch Linux.
I think it's pretty obvious why that would not be an appropriate
recommendation on the Arch Linux wiki.

The AUR lets users view the PKGBUILD before installing and also to comment
and vote in order to establish trust. This is why wiki articles cannot
recommend AUR helpers, since they bypass these mechanisms.

Max