[arch-general] Error message with full disk encryption

Jonathan Horacio Villatoro Córdoba lacho8713 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 03:40:47 UTC 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 07:49:59PM +0100, Carsten Mattner wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 5:23 PM, PeLo L <pelo99 at outlook.com> wrote:
> >
> > adding 'shutdown' hook doesn't seem to work. Modifying '/etc/fstab'
> > and replacing the UUID with  '/dev/mapper/crypt-boot' did the trick.
>
> I've never used UUID volume id and still see the bug.

Which you using, the encrypted boot volume's UUID or its label on the fstab
entry?

Upon looking into [1], it seems that there's no need for the 'shutdown' hook,
as long as the boot loader is configured properly.

Thought I might share the links, as I know the full system encryption page can
be a bit confusing to follow, regardless of your experience.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt/Encrypting_an_entire_system#Configuring_mkinitcpio_5
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt/Encrypting_an_entire_system#Configuring_the_boot_loader_5

Best regards,
Jonathan