[arch-general] systemctl --user broken

Niels Kobschaetzki niels at kobschaetzki.net
Mon Feb 22 19:49:23 UTC 2016

On 16/02/22 14:40, juan tascon wrote:
>Gday everyone,
>
>Since the last systemd update (229) I haven't been able to run my
>systemd user instance.
>
>I'm getting this error when I try to run "systemctl --user status":
>Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory
>
>Running strace reveals that it tries to connect to kdbus which isn't
>available on the current kernel:
>
>open("/sys/fs/kdbus/1000-user/bus", O_RDWR|O_NOCTTY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1
>ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>
>I've tried disabling kdbus adding "kdbus=0" as kernel parameter but that
>didn't work.

I had the exact same problem with Ubuntu (Testing) und Fedora these
days. I had some timers with "OnBootSec=0Min".

And when I started such a timer they crashed the dbus user session.  I
found it out after moving .config/systemd/user to something else,
rebooting and then moving and starting services and timers one by one.
I hope that helps.

Niels