[arch-general] systemctl --user broken

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 23 15:10:57 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 08:49:23PM +0100, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:
> On 16/02/22 14:40, juan tascon wrote:
> >Gday everyone,
> >
> >Since the last systemd update (229) I haven't been able to run my
> >systemd user instance.
> >
> >I'm getting this error when I try to run "systemctl --user status":
> >Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory
> >
> >Running strace reveals that it tries to connect to kdbus which isn't
> >available on the current kernel:
> >
> >open("/sys/fs/kdbus/1000-user/bus", O_RDWR|O_NOCTTY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1
> >ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> >
> >I've tried disabling kdbus adding "kdbus=0" as kernel parameter but that
> >didn't work.
>
> I had the exact same problem with Ubuntu (Testing) und Fedora these
> days. I had some timers with "OnBootSec=0Min".
>
> And when I started such a timer they crashed the dbus user session.  I
> found it out after moving .config/systemd/user to something else,
> rebooting and then moving and starting services and timers one by one.
> I hope that helps.
>
> Niels

Hello Guys,
Did you open a bugreport for your issues? I had also some issues with
systemd --user services. But I have my services in /etc/systemd/user/ and my
problem was that they are not starting automatically although I have enabled
them. I have opened a bugreport for this here:

Please open an issue in the systemd-repository.

best regards

Chris