[arch-general] Alternative init system proposal

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:44:19 UTC 2016

On 23 February 2016 at 08:32, Frank Schaffhaeuser <mail at blockdevice.net>
wrote:

> This topic again? Seriously? The last 'discussion' from Feb.8th thankfully
> just died down
> and apart from spamming subscriber's inboxes had no useful effect...
> Please, not again

Hang on, I absolutely agree with you that I'm sick of the "alternative init
system" argument, but Eric here is saying something quite positive: Arch is
a system that gives its users the freedom to do whatever they want with
their system. His point is that we should not be bothering the devs with
this stuff: he is proof that we as users have everything we need to make
our system work however we want it to, and for that we can be grateful.
Good for you, Eric. It's great to see someone scratching their own itch in
true Open Source style :)

Paul