[arch-general] Firefox without signature checking

ProgAndy admin at progandy.de
Sat Jan 2 22:42:52 UTC 2016

Am 02.01.2016 um 22:52 schrieb Kyle Terrien:
> It looks like that is only intended for release-status extensions. If
> I want to QA test a developer's beta build, this tells me that the
> developer would have to submit each build he wishes me to test to AMO.
> Why can't I just package the extension myself and load it? That is
> absurd. --Kyle Terrien

The official stance is that developers and testers should use the
"Developer Version"[1] of Firefox. That release does not require
extension signatures. [2]
Jan Steffens (heftig) provides us with a compiled Arch Linux package in
his repository. [3][4]

You can always provide or request an unofficial repository with binary
packages of other firefox based projects.

1: https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/developer/
2: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing
3: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=117157
4: http://pkgbuild.com/~heftig/repo/