[arch-general] Removal of php-pear, what provides functionality

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Jan 7 19:30:47 UTC 2016

All,

   Reading the notes on archlinux.org, I see a number of the php sub-packages
(php-pear, php-mssql, php-ldap, etc.) have been removed. What will provide the
continued functionality that those packages provide. Specifically pear is a
requirement for eGroupWare. The link to the php 7 migration guide doesn't
address anything related to pear itself. Is pear functionality provided by
default in php 7? I just want to make sure the next update doesn't take down
by office groupware app. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.