[arch-general] Kali rt2800usb driver on Arch for wireshark tcp capture

Ivan parazyd at dyne.org
Sun Jan 10 19:54:34 UTC 2016

On Mon, 11 Jan 2016, Fulcrum Mike wrote:

> On 1/11/2016 12:25 AM, Ivan wrote:

> >>Can anybody here tell me how to make Arch use rtl8187 driver? Using
> >>'modprobe -r rt2800usb', I removed rt2800 driver and loaded rtl8187 module,
> >>hoping that kernel would automatically switch to rtl8187 but it isn't
> >>happening.  Regards.
> >>

> >Try blacklisting rt2800 via /etc/modprobe.d/ and reboot.
> >

> Upon blacklisting rt2800usb driver, the WiFi won't come up. 'lsusb -t' shows
> that there is no driver loaded for Alfa AWUS036H on boot. Later, I manually
> loaded rt2800usb module to get the wifi working. So no luck getting the
> module working with rtl8187 drivers.

You don't have an ALFA AWUS036H if it works with the Ralink driver. I'm
100% sure of it.
You might have the 036NH model, that does use Ralink. In this case, you
should talk to the pople at aircrack-ng.org, they might have some
backports that are patched for TCP.

Once again, the ALFA AWUS036H card is supposed to have a Realtek chip
and use rtl8187. I'm saying this because I've had three so far.