[arch-general] Mounting root according to fstab the first time (fstab in initrd)?

ProgAndy admin at progandy.de
Wed Jan 20 20:58:13 UTC 2016

Am 20.01.2016 um 21:34 schrieb Garmine 42:
> First I will try to exclude root= and rootflags= parameters from the
> cmdline and include the fstab via mkinitcpio and see if it finds the
> root. Do I want to mask remount-fs in this case?

That won't work. You'll have to create a hook for mkinitcpio that
implements a custom mount_handler.
In the install hook part, read the fstab data, write the necessary stuff
to the image and add a runtime hook with add_runscript
In the runtime hook, you change the mount_handler

my_mount_handler() {
mount ...
}
mount_handler="my_mount_handler"