[arch-general] building cwm or twrp on arch

Javier Vasquez j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 17:46:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

As I was not able to fing a CWM (clock work mode) recovery image,
neither a TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project) recovery image for Huawei
SnapTo, I'm planning on building CWM for that phone on Arch.

I was looking at [1], so to have an idea of what packages I needed to
install, but [1] doesn't focus on building CWM/TWRP, besides I
couldn't notice how the sdk and others under [2] were sourced, or
included into PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc.

So I have already installed:

android-tools
android-sdk
android-sdk-platform-tools
android-sdk-build-tools
android-platform

And several other android build requirements, except for
ncurses5-compat-libs and lib32-ncurses5-compat-libs (not planning to
install them unless strictly necessary).

However searching I found [3], which in turns indicate one should do:

export PATH="/opt/android-build:/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/bin:$PATH"

But then it also indicates:

. build/envsetup.sh
lunch cyanogen_cooperve-eng
make clean

Which I'd guess those are the initial cyanogen build steps, and depend
on the cynogenmod sources being downloaded there.

However I'm still missing how to build CWM/TWRP recovery images for
that particular phone model.

If anyone has pointers to where one can read how to build such images
for any phone model (being able to specify the one for which it's to
be built), or huawei snapto in particular, then that'd be great.  Or
if anyone can include instructions on how to build such images, then
that'd be also great.

Thanks a lot,

--
Javier