[arch-general] building cwm or twrp on arch

Joan Figueras ffigue at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 19:12:14 UTC 2016

El 22/01/16 a las 18:46, Javier Vasquez escribió:
> Hi,
>
> As I was not able to fing a CWM (clock work mode) recovery image,
> neither a TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project) recovery image for Huawei
> SnapTo, I'm planning on building CWM for that phone on Arch.
>
> I was looking at [1], so to have an idea of what packages I needed to
> install, but [1] doesn't focus on building CWM/TWRP, besides I
> couldn't notice how the sdk and others under [2] were sourced, or
> included into PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc.
>
> So I have already installed:
>
> android-tools
> android-sdk
> android-sdk-platform-tools
> android-sdk-build-tools
> android-platform
>
> And several other android build requirements, except for
> ncurses5-compat-libs and lib32-ncurses5-compat-libs (not planning to
> install them unless strictly necessary).
>
> However searching I found [3], which in turns indicate one should do:
>
> export PATH="/opt/android-build:/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/bin:$PATH"
>
> But then it also indicates:
>
> . build/envsetup.sh
> lunch cyanogen_cooperve-eng
> make clean
>
> Which I'd guess those are the initial cyanogen build steps, and depend
> on the cynogenmod sources being downloaded there.
>
> However I'm still missing how to build CWM/TWRP recovery images for
> that particular phone model.
>
> If anyone has pointers to where one can read how to build such images
> for any phone model (being able to specify the one for which it's to
> be built), or huawei snapto in particular, then that'd be great.  Or
> if anyone can include instructions on how to build such images, then
> that'd be also great.
>
> Thanks a lot,

Hi Javier,

try to switch python to python2 during the build, then you can switch
back to python3:

$ sudo ln -sf /usr/bin/python2 /usr/bin/python
[ do the build ]
$ sudo ln -sf /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/python

It's ugly, I know.
Also you can try to use virtualenv2, it's explained in the wiki [1].

[1]:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Android#Setting_up_the_build_environment