[arch-general] Gnucash 2.6.10-1 download error

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 01:14:42 UTC 2016

On 01/28/2016 07:49 PM, Francis Gerund wrote:
> I'm sort of new to Arch.  I just installed yesterday, so didn't know about
> that.  I did not see a bug report (maybe I missed it).
>
> And I thought that even if it is flagged as out-of-date, it would still
> install.
>
> I thought it was a reasonable question to ask (with some detail provided),
> and I was tring to be helpful.
>
> I don't know the etiquette here yet.  Sorry.
>
> And Gnucash is really important to me.
>
> I will try checking the email archives.
>
> At Arch, is IRC preferred over mailing lists as a source of information?
>
> IRC is much harder for em to use effectively; it's like trying to dring
> from a fire hose.

See:

But mostly, this Wiki entry:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman#Signature_from_.22User_.3Cemail.40gmail.com.3E.22_is_unknown_trust.2C_installation_failed

There is nothing wrong with gnucash, and of course you can install
packages that are flagged out of date.
Notice which package has a problem -- not gnucash, but libdbi{,-drivers}

Anywhere as a source of information is fine, but obviously the best
source of information in this case is the Troubleshooting section of the
pacman Wiki page -- failing that, it is best to first see if you can
find other people who have had the problem, and see how they solved it. :)

--
Eli Schwartz